Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Story and a Few Photos

In case you were wondering what I do in my spare time, I thought I would show you. Connie asked me to do this needlework project with her as it's always fun working on the same thing together. Plus, anything Connie asks---I do! Needless to say, I've left her in the dust! I'm also working on some Halloween things with Nancy----shucks, I forgot to take a picture of those. Anyway, the train is a series of 3. I'm thinking about having them all put together to make a bolster pillow.














Here are the earrings that I wore for a full day and never realized until the next day that they were different.


The picture on the far right shows some of my recent flea market finds. I just love the family picture in the swing frame---that photo is one of my most cherished. I'm hoping to find a few others when I visit St. Louis in May. My cousin, Judy and I are on the hunt!

This cute little ornament is something Stephanie made. Since I'm the "payer" for all things needlework, I got to see it first.


Now on to the story. This is the type of thing that circulates the internet and you don't know whether to believe it or not. Well, I know this woman personally, so it is absolutely the truth! You need to pass this on to everyone you know and their kids.

This woman that I play bridge with told our group that on this past Monday, she got a call at 6 a.m. from her grandson, Andrew. Of course, she and her husband were awakened and not quite clear-headed yet. Andrew said that he and a friend had been arrested because his friend had a small amount of marijuana in the car. He was afraid to call his parents and needed $4000 to get out of jail. My friend's husband was writing down the information about where to wire the money (the grandson said he and his friend were on a road trip when they got stopped) when she remembered an article that she had read the week before. She took the phone from her husband and asked, "Andrew, who were you named after?" The guy hung up. Then she saw that the call came from this number: 00012345---a disposable international phone.

Luckily, my friend and her husband were not "taken" by this scam. She said it sounded like her grandson, but of course when you are upset, you are not thinking too clearly and they had just awakened. She remembered that the article said that if you are ever asked for money over the phone by a family member or friend in distress, you should ask them a question that only they could answer.

Here's the bottom line----these scammers are getting their information from FACEBOOK!!!! Everyone needs to beware---people are being robbed while on vacation because they are posting too much personal information on facebook. Another reason to be careful, employers are also checking prospective employees on facebook.

I've said it before and I'll say it here: I really feel sorry for young people today trying to raise their families with all the hazzards of the internet. Still, I can't go a day without mine!!! Just be careful out there on the world wide web!



2 comments:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.