Thursday, March 25, 2010

You Know Your Mom is Getting Old When...

...she drops the keys to her car down between the seat and the console and is certain they've disappeared. She moved the seat back and forth and couldn't find them. I simply looked in the back and they were on the floorboard behind her seat...I wonder how long she was using the duplicate set...

...she nearly gets into a knock-down-drag--out fight with the chef because he put a "slotted" spoon in the gravy at Thanksgiving...

...you have to hear about said "slotted" spoon all the way to March...

...she complains there are no bowls for the chili and just spoons it onto her dinner plate---even if she's at a potato bar...

...the ham is so tough she can't cut it with a knife...

...you've heard about said ham since 2008...

...she apparently is coming around to the idea of a "scooter"---except she means her car...

...she can't find ANYTHING on the menu that doesn't contain salt---except maybe the water...

...she has given away some of the jewelry on her "inherit" list to the wrong people...

....she puts on her wool gloves when it's 65 out...

But I have to give her this---she's as sharp as ever at the card table---and she still has me when it comes to financial information---she is one saavy gal---sharper than me on her worst day and me on my best!

The last time I joked about mom was the whole technology/tv thing---and then I was the one with all the problems! Serves me right.

And to prove that I'm not immune to doing crazy stuff---I nearly brushed my teeth with Preparation H. In my defense, I was traveling and accidentally grabbed the wrong tube. Had I used it, I fear my receding gums would have shrunk to beyond the root line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.