Monday, March 1, 2010

Vintage Attic

Vintage attic is the theme I came up with for Nancy's room. I just tried to think of all the things you would see in your grandma's attic. The first thing I did was "shop" out of her storage closet. She has the greatest old family stuff already. I was thrilled to have so much to work with. Check out the window treatments. I bought the handkerchiefs for $1.00 each---my limit. The brown panels she got from Pottery Barn.





One of my favorite things were the old picture frames from her closet. We found the plates in St. Louis. Then, when I was working, she showed me this box of old doorknobs and door plates. The idea hit me to use the door plates inside the frames with the plates. You can also see the cool old blue phone we found on one of our antique excursions. The scale was her Christmas present from me last year.








Old blue Christmas ornaments. Great lamps---3 vintage found in St. Louis---1 on table from Steinmart. Old blue scarf and gloves hanging out of a brown suitcase.

The old doorknobs are in a vintage bowl I found---one of my first purchases. Old brown suitcase with lamp on top found in St. Louis along with the old jar. Nancy had the old birdcage and the formal picture of her first dog. I had to use it. In fact, all the vintage pictures are family members. At the end of her work table, you can see one of those old metal carts. I gave her this blue one for Christmas this year. We also found a brown one that is in St. Louis. I'll be picking it up and replacing the white one next to her sewing machine. Other things to find---flower frogs, antique books, old spectacles, dress form, hat boxes, porcelain flowers, soap dish, old clothespins, printer's "n" stamps, old sewing box filled with vintage trims, reproduction London clock, enamel pot, fountain pen ink, old keys, old coffee jars and vintage skirt hemmer. She hasn't finished her print box yet. Just a bunch of old junk that looks great together. And I just love those old pictures of her. You can hardly tell this is a scrapbook room at all!







5 comments:

  1. Girl, I think you have a new profession. Tell Nancy it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it, love it. I think I'll keep my eyes open for a pink telephone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful room! This isn't the famous Nancy Walker's room is it? Teresa B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This room belongs to my friend, Nancy Egbert. Now she has me working on her bedroom and bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Judy. You could become an interior designer! People would definitely pay for your creative work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.