Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oh My Gosh!

As if nearly brushing my teeth with Preparation H weren't bad enough, I discovered yesterday morning (Friday) that on Thursday, I had worn 2 completely different earrings all day! The only thing they had in common was that they were wires with dangles. One was an oval pink tourmaline. The other was a round green peridot. To think that I didn't even notice that they were different when I took them off either. It wasn't until I was brushing my teeth that I noticed them sitting there. You would think I'm blind, but I definitely notice more WITH my glasses on! Or maybe it's the brushing of my teeth that's the problem---maybe my brain disengages---while I'm singing "Happy Birthday" in my head---twice---to get the allotted brushing time in!

Today, the door bell rang at 7:15 a.m. Not a problem---I'm always up by that time. I had just gotten off the treadmill, so I was sweaty---and---(to my horror) braless. At the door was one of the workers telling me that they needed me to move our cars so they could get their equipment in. This is the day that the pool is going to be plastered. The renovation began Tuesday after Labor Day 2009. It's been a huge mess in the backyard since then---wheelbarrows full of trash, crap everywhere and half the yard dug up. Anyway, back to the car moving. Do you have any idea what a "big" deal that is around here? We have 6---yes---six cars---3 in the garage. No problem. I go to the little key basket that we keep in the kitchen drawer with all the spare keys. OMG! I had no idea which key went to which car! We have a lot of Chrysler products, so those keys all look the same. "Why aren't the keys clearly marked?"---you say. Well that's a good question! Amidst the 21 keys in there, only 3 were marked---by me, of course. I'm sure some of those keys go to cars we don't even have anymore! Now that Butch is retired, I think I'll give him that job---figure out the keys.

Back to the pool. Sometimes, I think people are really stupid. Right smack in the middle of the grass, is a piece of equipment (I don't know what else to call it) that sticks up about a foot. It looks ridiculous. The pool people say it can't be moved to a less conspicuous spot. Butch asked the guy how he'd feel if this were his yard. He finally got them to admit that they didn't "think" when they put it there. Now he has to talk to the owner of the company to get it resolved. I'm glad he's fighting that battle---another thing he gets to "handle" since he has the time!

This incident reminds me of when we bought this house in 1995. I had 2 wall sconces removed from the powder room in order to have my Waterford chandelier installed over the sink. I guess I didn't say the "over the sink" part. When I got home, they had put the fixture in the middle of the ceiling. I guess you could say that was an honest mistake---except you couldn't close the "friggin' " door! Duh!!! When the light was moved over the sink, then the ceiling had to be repaired. Believe me, I'm sure we paid for that one way or another.

Pictures coming soon. It's gorgeous here in Tennessee---lots of flowers in bloom, daffodils, tulips, phlox, tiarella cordifolia, adjuga, (now I'm showing off).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.