Saturday, March 13, 2010

Eads Girls Scrapbook Retreat

We had a great time last weekend. Our first night was a little "spooky". Around 2 or 3 a.m., we awoke to vicious scratching and banging on the front door. Turns out that Chris and I both thought each other were handling it---when in fact, no one was. Poor Bridget and Marci were the defenseless ones against this beast as they were on the first floor near the door. It came back two more times through the night. The next day, Marci decided it was a large dog. I didn't know that dogs were running loose in state parks. Steph slept through the entire thing---Sandy and I would know as she was nestled snuggly between the two of us in a king bed! Pretty cozy. The dog never came back, but there were raccoons in the trash bin most of the time.

Here are a few of the layouts I did. We all accomplished a lot, but Bridget takes the prize for getting the most done. It's just so much fun being together with no schedule. And the food ain't bad either! Thanks girls for such a fun time!


























"What's in the Basket" tells the story of the farmer's co-op we belonged to last summer and how much fun that was.

"Those were the days" features our Kansas City friends in the early 80's.

"You've Got to be Kidding Me" is from a challenge I gave my friends in my Not Your Ordinary Book Club. Everyone had to make a layout by completing the following: You've Got...
I chose ....to be Kidding Me because I say that all the time. In this case, I made a comparison of athletic shoes today where you need a different pair for every sport that cost upwards of $100. with my good old Keds which cost about 5 bucks a pair. They rode our bikes, sloshed through creeks, broke sticks for firewood and---slapped with a coat of white shoe polish---still made it to the softball field. More good journaling, but I won't bore you with it.

On the "My Space" page, the journaling begins--today in 2010, My Space is an internet location---in 1999 it referred to your own personal space---in this case, Butch's office.

"We've Got Style" is a page about our family shopping spree last August. I've included a bunch of the tags from some of the clothes as page embellishments. I put some of the receipts in the Cole Haan folder on the left---hidden, yet accessible for future generations to chuckle over.

"The Fabulous Fox" is about my taking Ranya (along with Jeanne and Janet) to see my favorite Broadway play RENT in St. Louis. I was so excited to get to see Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal reprise their roles on a final country-wide tour.

Besides scrapbooking, I had planned to work on my needlepoint. Never quite got around to it---plus, the lighting was really bad. That's why I always carry my own light for scrapbooking. Somehow, stitching at the scrapbook table wouldn't be comfortable.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.