Saturday, March 27, 2010

Antiquing in St. Louis


Last week, while in St. Louis, Janet and I went to the antique mall near her house. I am decorating another friend's scrapbook room (one job leads to another). Here are some of my finds---mostly for me this time---especially anything pink. The old binoculars are now on my mantle. The bunnies are part of my Easter decorations. The half butter dish is a birthday present for a friend who has been hunting for this for over a year. I love the swing frame. I'll replace the picture of someone's grandma and grandpa with my own grandma and grandpa---it will probably go on the mantle too. The clock---not sure yet where this will go as I already have this one in my "collection"---can't pass up a good bargain. Tiny medicine bottle with glass---dauber thing inside---will probably wind up with my Halloween decorations. I'll label it "poison" or something. And isn't the shelf cool? $18.00. I'm thinking the dining room for that.


My favorite find---I was so excited to score this darling little chair for $12.00 for my friends room. When Butch was putting it in the car (grumbling about all the junk we had to take home---I had stuff from my last visit that wouldn't fit in the car), he turned it upside down. Imagine my surprise to see MY name written on the bottom of the chair in crayon! At last, I found my long lost chair. I wonder how it got to south St. Louis? All kidding aside, to me, that was a sign that I needed to keep if for myself. Isn't it so darn cute?




Lastly, is a First Communion
picture. Just love the "oldness" about it.






3 comments:

  1. The chair is so cute and you were clearly meant to have it! Who are you decorating for now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be watching for you on a future Hoarders episode on A&E!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this vintage suitcase table idea in a magazine and tore the page out for Jeanne. Anyway it made me think of your guys scrapbooking room. I google this so you can get an idea www.poetichome.com/2009/01/19/repurposed-suitcases-from-filing-cabinets-to-tables/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.