Saturday, January 30, 2010

Can Microwaves Dry Things?

The answer is NO! Here's the story:

I've been trying to take a bath for 3 weeks now. I was always a bath person, but due to the size and amount of time and water it takes to fill the tub, I gave them up when we moved in this house 15 years ago. I could probably count on 2 hands how many baths I've had in that time.

Well, 3 weeks ago I decided to take a bath. I started to fill the tub and realized that I don't even have any bubble or bath stuff. Okay, I'll use the jacuzzi instead. Before the tub was even filled, the water was disgusting brown---like rust or something. I don't know what could rust in the tub. Anyway. it took me 3 separate times on separate days to finally get the water somewhat clear.

Steph gave me bath stuff for my birthday, so today was the day. I filled the tub, used the chamomile and lilac bath salts. Smelled good. I get my book, soda, and towel "pillow" for my head. I get in and get all adjusted comfortably. I grab my book and realize I forgot my glasses. Great, now I have to slosh water all over the bathroom to get some glasses---luckily I keep readers everywhere so didn't have to go far.

Back to the tub for a nice relaxing soak. I lounged for about a half hour. Got out, dried off and slung the towel over the "wall" to dry. Unfortunately, the towel hit my soda, glasses and BOOK! Plop, into the water. I wasn't quick enough---my book sunk to the bottom and was completely soaked. It's so good----definitely recommended---SARA'S KEY---(can't get the underline to work). I'm only 50 pages from the end, so I have to get it dried out.

My first thought was the microwave---that didn't work at all. I thought about the dryer, but thought it could potentially catch fire. The only choice left was my blow dryer. It took me a half hour to dry the last 50 pages. Sure, I can finish it, but the rest is so sopping that if I read in bed, I'll get the bed wet. I decided to fan the book open and put it over the heat register. I'm hoping that will work by bedtime. I can't wait to finish it.

A bath just isn't as relaxing as it used to be! And maybe I need to re-think that Kindle (or---have you seen the iPad?---totally cool).

1 comment:

  1. I think if you drop the Kindle in the bath it would be ruined, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.