Friday, December 4, 2009

Our "HOME" for the Holidays!

Okay, here we go again. The other pictures didn't quite line up right. I'm not sure how to fix that. When I add the text, it looks just fine. Then when I hit "publish post", it just goes however it wants. I guess you can figure it out.

These cuties are from the 50's. I picked them up in an antique shop. Although we didn't have these exact ones, they remind me of my childhood at Christmas.

This picture is my collection of Murano
glass Christmas trees from Venice, Italy. I didn't actually get them from there, but had definitely planned to add to my collection when I was there. I never saw a single one and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. I paid a hefty price for them---but they were probably made in Taiwan! 












Here are my elves. I like to refer to my decorating scheme as "Time" for the Holidays. Jeanne's the one that made me realize I have a "thing" for clocks. The kicker here is that none of these clocks are real---just all fake clocks and clock plates.

The elves are named Tick, Tock and Tick II. I didn't name them, that's what's on the collector's paperwork that came with them. 


The brown jeweled clock is real. I got it at the flea market for $4.00. But my best and favorite find is the old toaster. It is in really good shape. There is no rust on it even though this picture makes it look like it. It's pretty shiny---Westinghouse. I paid $5.00 for it. I checked it out on the internet and found a place that sells old toasters. This EXACT one sold for $50.00. I just buy what I love and sometimes I luck into a good deal. I'm going to keep this up all year round as part of my dining room decor.

In the next picture is another flea market find---the old scale. I'm having a love affair with scales right now. I have to stop buying them because I think I've given them to everyone I can think of. This one is also part of my regular decor. The nutcracker is standing on the other end of the scale.


Lastly, you have the blue scale I (well, Janice) found in St. Louis. Sitting on top---the little rolling pin---is an invitation I made last year for my cookie exchange. I decided to use it as a decoration. What the heck else am I going to do with it? I could put it on the tree. Just goes to show, I have a ton of useless ideas. 

The old jar to the right is a newer find---flea market after Thanksgiving. It's really a cool jar with a pattern and an old, rusty green lid. I put ornaments in it and I just might leave them in there all year round.

Now you've seen just a little glimpse of how my decorating is all consuming! But I have to say, I do enjoy it when it's done!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks beautiful as always! I love coming to town and seeing all the new things you've done. Only two and a half weeks and we'll be there! We're all getting very excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.