Monday, October 19, 2009

Keeping the Girls---Day 1

Steph had to go out-of-town on business this week and won't get home until Friday. Conveniently, Butch left town too. I'm starting to see a pattern here. He left town when I had the Lapps' children this summer too!

This is how the day went. Steph dropped Morgan off early this morning as she had her appointment with the orthopedic doctor. I scheduled my mammogram after that. I figured I wait on her for so many appointments that she could wait on me---especially since both places were in the same area. Morgan had the day off school, but Jordan didn't.

I took Morgan to Cheeseburger Charley's for lunch and then to the movie. We saw "The Invention of Lying." I was very excited to see it since someone (and now I can't remember who that was) said it was so funny. It had a star studded cast---Jennifer Garner, Edward Norton, Tina Fey and Rob Lowe. It was pretty stupid with a few funny parts. The premise of the movie is that everyone in this little town tells the truth---about everything.  I was a little distressed right off the bat when it started out with Jennifer Garner's date arriving early. Upon opening the door, she told her date that he had interrupted her masterbating. I cringed as she continued to talk about it. Nothing like watching a wholesome movie with your 13 yr. old granddaughter (the movie was PG-13). That was the worst of it, so that was okay. Still, don't waste your money.

After the movie, we went to pick up Jordan and the "hook-up" (southern expression for carpool). None of the usual hitches.

I have planned my meals for the week based on what I know the girls like. Tonight it was Grandpa's Soup. When I served it, Jordan groaned, "grammy, you know I hate soup!" I reminded her that everyone loved it when I made it for the family this summer (except Elizabeth who didn't like the "green hunks" (zucchini) in the soup). Jordan said that she was just being polite at the time. Oh well. Then she cracked us up by saying that she felt like we were having a "poverty" meal. She said it seemed like something you would get at a soup kitchen---like she's been to so many of those. Anyway, Morgan was laughing so hard that she actually snorted the soup out her nose. I swear, I think a noodle flew out too. Thank goodness that Butch wasn't here. He hates that sort of thing at the dinner table. Come to think of it, I wasn't crazy about it either.

Oh, and I set my first rule: No phones at the table. I told them that I'm not planning on saying it at every meal. If they have their phones at the table, they'll lose it for an hour. 2 hours for the 2nd infraction and so on.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.