Monday, September 7, 2009

Flea Market Finds

We went to Ardmore, TN yesterday to a flea market---1000 vendors from 30 states. I think there were only 871---not really, but seriously, not more than about 200---but maybe we missed a whole section. Although it ended up being rainy, it was still, fun---and we did a little geo-caching along the way. Here are my finds for the day: a vintage checkbook register from 1953, old loose leaf paper, vintage chandelier crystals, and old saint medals.
Here we go again, I can't get this picture thing straight. I need to just do them one at a time and see if that works better. The photo above with the vintage jewelry in the old muffin tin is another collection. I didn't add anything to it this trip.














The blue bowl was my most expensive purchase for a friend of mine, but still cheap. The buttons are going to a certain someone that has some containers to fill---5 bucks for the lot.

I just love those old wooden cheese boxes---nails and all. The wooden rule is also for someone's room. I use them to display my "adopted" relatives. You can barely see one above in the photo with the muffin tin.

The jar at the bottom is for my "nurse" friend, Susan. It's a jar of "Nurse White" shoe soap for nurse shoes. I found those darling school scissors along with a pair for stitching. Then there are a few coupon books for ice rations. I got all of this for $66.00! I bargained a lot! There was a vintage scale that I wanted very badly for my kitchen, but the guy that had the booth wasn't there. I went back twice and he still was gone. I guess I just wasn't meant to have it. Now I'm dreaming about the darn thing.

More stuff to "junk" up my room. Glad I have someone else's room to "junk" up now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I didn't buy the jars of buttons I saw at my antique mall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.