Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sometimes I Forget...

...that my husband has to work for a living---or at least to sustain the lifestyle to which I've grown accustomed. Right before our Scotland trip, there was a problem with our airline tickets. He called me to handle it. I kind of whined about it to him---"can't you handle it?"---because in my head, I was thinking, "waaahhhh, I want to get a pedicure." 

Then a couple weeks ago, I was getting ready for my weekly pool party with my friends (some weeks we have 2 or 3). Right before they arrived, I called Butch at the office to ask him to pick up some vodka for our frozen drinks. Later, I called to see if he could pick up Sandy and Greg at the airport so I wouldn't have to leave the pool. He reminded me that he actually had to work. Oh, yeah, I forgot.

I'm not the only one in the family that forgets that he has to work. Steph has called him in the middle of a meeting to say that her closet pole had fallen down and could he fix it---like now. He told her that he was in Atlanta in the middle of a meeting with some $500 an hour attorneys.

Mindy has also interrupted him with her issues. Her apartment lease had to be re-signed by June 1st. Butch was the co-signer originally and had to re-sign again. She hits it with him on the 1st at the office---faxing the lease back and forth and numerous phone calls. When he asked why she didn't send it to him sooner, she said, "daaad, I couldn't even get it from my mailbox before now because I had to WORK." 

Sandy doesn't seem to bother him at work. I guess that's why she's the favorite!

Lest you think I'm too spoiled, I'm being punished for my inconsiderate behavior. My nails are weak from all that water and my neck has a "crick" in it from spending so much time on the pool float! Oh woe is me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.