Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mindy Update

Since Mindy isn't blogging anymore, I'll just keep you up to date with the things she sends me. I might add that she is proud of herself that for the last 6 months, she's having automatic withdrawals weekly for her savings account. Of course, she used that "against" us when requesting some spending money for when Steph visits next week (as in, "I would hate to have to use my savings..."). I told Steph that since we weren't taking a family vacation this summer, I'd give her some money for New Orleans. She told Mindy, who immediately called Butch and asked him to match it. The girl knows how to work it!! Butch hasn't given her an answer yet as he told her that he could live 3 months on the money I'm sending! He'll cave---he can't resist his girls! I love that.

Email from Mindy today to her dad and I:

You'd be so proud of me! Not only am I doing better about managing my money, but I have inadvertently found another way to recession-proof my life:

As I have become quite the blockbuster junky lately (watching movies suits Mike's and my schedules and budgets moreso than trying to go out after work), I emailed blockbuster.com to commend them on one of their store locations (the most impeccably clean, well-staffed, and well-stocked location I have ever seen) and they emailed me back 3 free rental coupons! If you do the math, thats $15 dollars and 3 nights of entertainment I just got completely free!

I should be like a columnist for Cosmo about how to manage your money without sacrificing a fabulous and fun lifestyle!

Mindy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds to me like Mindy is made from the same cloth as her Mother and Father. Great job you guys!! Love Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.