Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mindy's in LOVE!!

Let me preface that by saying---Mindy's in love---today!! It takes so little to make Mindy happy.

Here's the story.

When I was in New Orleans a couple weeks ago, she got mad at Mike because he was too tired to meet us at 10:30 at night---he lives 45 minutes from the French Quarter. There may have been more to it, but I'm a good mom and don't "pry". Anyway, she got mad and told him they needed a break. As a result, she was pretty sad. A few days later, they talked and the issue was resolved. 

She had to be at work at 6 this morning and called me at 6:30 and interrupted me on the treadmill. Actually, that was a good thing as I continued my workout while on the phone---breathless. She started the conversation by saying that she and Mike were definitely in love and their relationship had gone to the next level because (remember, here, that Mindy speaks in outline form) A. he added her to his Blockbuster account, B. he picked her up and took her on a picnic---he prepared all the food and purchased the appropriate wine (nothing new---he's a chef and cooks for her all the time), C. took her to play "glow in the dark frisbee" and, D. he's invited her to meet his parents! She is so excited. She's not nervous at all because as she's said a zillion times---"mom, who doesn't like ME".

I'm happy for her and a bit sad for us. Mike's a Louisiana boy, so it doesn't look like Mindy will be back in Nashville anytime soon.

On a side note, she's worked 72 hours last week during Jazz Fest. She said that Josh Brolin and Diane Lane came in 3 times!

The girls and I are heading off to Kalamazoo on Thursday for the weekend. Butch will meet us there on Friday for Victoria's First Communion on Saturday. I'll be home Sunday while Butch flies on to New York. I'll be home Monday to get my life organized prior to leaving for St. Louis on Tuesday. I'll be blogging from there as I'm sure I will have exciting, family things to report!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.