Saturday, April 11, 2009

More Frustrations

Well, I decided to add my frustrations to Steph's list and to Jeanne's continuing mole problems. I'm not even going to mention our squirrels.

Here's the question: What is the big hole in our backyard that we have to continually throw money into? Yep, that big money-sucking hole would be the pool. We're having problems----again! Remember the whole reason I was considering moving was this darn pool? Well, if you saw it now---what a mess. It's downright disgusting. We have another pool leak (small), half the tile has fallen off (remember, that was replaced just 18 months ago), the water is a scummy yellow/green, the polaris is broken (resulting in the scummy yellow/green) and the pool decking is cracking up in too many places to count. Add to that, the storm yesterday tipped the glass patio table by the pool and broke tabletop #4! This time, the table itself is also broken, so the whole thing needs to be replaced. You can bet the next one will be plexiglass! 

As for the pool, I have an appointment to talk to the owner of the pool maintenance company that I use. My goal is to get it looking acceptable for the summer. Then in the fall, we're going to chop up the whole thing including the decking and re-do it. At that time, we're---(I need to say "I'm"--- as Butch doesn't know anything about my plan) going to replace all of the underground pipes so hopefully we can stop the leaks. And I don't care what it costs! 

I just want everything to run the way it's supposed to. Oh, and sort of pool related, the window treatment has fallen off the door to the pool bath! That would be the girls...

1 comment:

  1. It would probably be cheaper to buy a different house & install a new pool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.