Monday, April 27, 2009

A Great Weekend!

Turns out we had a pretty busy weekend, but what fun it turned out to be. Butch played golf on Saturday while I spent most of the day reading. The book, "Those Who Save Us" (sorry, can't get it underlined) kept me busy most of the day---finished it this afternoon. Saturday night, we had a black tie thing to go to for the Tennessee Performing Arts Center---Butch is the chairman of the board. We're pretty tired of these things, but it was all right. Darryl Hall was the entertainment---he's not so good without John Oates.  I guess he's tired of playing and singing the "old" songs in the traditional way, so he added about a 5 minute instrumental---sort of a blue-sy, jazzy thing---at the beginning and end of each song. I didn't really like it.

Sunday, we went geo-caching with Jack and Connie and then to lunch. We found 6 caches in about an hour and half. It was really their first time, so that was fun for all of us. Later in the day, we went to Best Buy to get a new television. Butch didn't make the deal he wanted as they would only come $50. off the sale price. I swear, he says you can always ask (and get) a better deal. I was impressed with the $50, but he said it wasn't enough, so we left. Sure enough, he later found the same tv online for $200 cheaper, plus no tax or shipping which saves nearly another $200. After Best Buy, we went to Sam's to get the non-perishables for the engagement party we're giving for a friend in May. Just a really nice day and we felt like we accomplished a lot.

And then today---he brought me flowers! That was a really nice surprise---it's been awhile!

Now for some food for thought (and the reason why I scrapbook)---think about this:
"If you don't write down your stories, they never really happened." I don't know who said it, but it's pretty profound, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.