Sunday, January 4, 2009

Movie Reviews

I'm going to the show tomorrow for the last of the movies for this holiday season.  We're seeing "Doubt" with Meryl Streep.  I've been anxious to see it.  This will make a total of 6 movies over the last 2 weeks.  I love to go to show during the holidays when the family is here and my friends are off work (well, those few that still do work).  I won't see 6 movies total for the rest of the year.  That's pretty much how it always goes. 

We started off with our family movie "Marley and Me"---5 star in my book.  Definitely bring the kleenex.  My sister, Jeanne reported that our nieces, Devon and Madison got a kick out of her crying---well, my grandkids also get a kick out of seeing me cry---especially since they know that I don't even like animals!

"4 Christmases" was hilarious---especially the game scene.  They were playing Taboo and the mother kept "beeping" her son even though he was supposed to be guessing.  Makes sense if you know the game.

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" was absolutely fabulous.  I didn't even want to see it, but there was a mix-up with the time of another that my friends and I wanted to see.  I was pretty disappointed when we settled on this one---especially since it's 3 hours long.  Worth every minute.  I think Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchette should get the academy award for their performance.  And Brad's Nawlins accent was dead on.  Sad ending.

"7 Pounds" was another that I thought was really good---once I figured out what was happening.  I leaned over to Connie about 30 minutes into it and asked her if she knew what was going on.  When she said she didn't know either, I could relax and feel sure that I hadn't missed something.  It took a long time to figure out what was happening, but it too seemed worth the wait.  Another sad ending.

"Twilight" was a total surprise to me.  The only reason I even went to this one is because Steph wanted to see it and it wasn't in her budget.  I knew it was about vampires but had not read the books.  Steph is on the 4th one.  I actually loved this movie and can't wait for the next one.  Steph was disappointed after having read the book.  I'm going to read the books too---never anything I would have every picked.

And tomorrow, "Doubt".....

PS After the first two movies, I put a bottle of water in my purse and avoided the concession stand, so it just cost $7.00 for the matinee.  I've earned a free ticket and a free bag of popcorn, so maybe I can get Butch to go.


2 comments:

  1. They have started on the next movie "New Moon." They have a new director - the one who directed "About a Boy" and "American Beauty" I think. It will have a larger budget, so I am expecting great things! Also, Jordan said she will have book 1 finished in 2 weeks ready for you to take. I am almost done with the 4th book, and heard that the author is currently writing another one (not really the 5th in a series) from Edward's point of view. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of my friends have read the books and loved them! Maybe I'll give them a try after I finish the 2 new books I got for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.