Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Go Titans!

Yayyy! The Titans are 7-0---the only undefeated team in the NFL.  We have PSL's for the Titan's games and have had from the beginning.  Not really my "thing", as it's so long---and I can't multi-task, but I've figured out a way to really enjoy the game.  I actually like watching the game in the air-conditioned or heated comfort of my own home while stitiching, playing on the computer, or thumbing through catalogs at the same time.  Not only can I follow the game better, I understand it more with the commentary.  At the beginning of this season, I got the bright idea of listening to the radio at the same time while watching the game.  That's worked out really well for me.  Also, I like the tailgating---which brings me to last night's game.

I did the food on Sunday---made potato salad, deviled eggs, guacamole, and a snickerdoodle cake. I bought deli meats, cheeses and assorted breads to go with it.  Since the game was to be against the Colts (and UT homeboy Peyton Manning), we knew the game would be a big one---plus, it was Monday Night Football which I found out is a really big deal.  With all of that in mind, we decided that I needed to get down to the stadium really early to scope out our "spot". Of course, we have our favorite place.  I picked Morgan up from school at 3, swung by the house to load up the car, picked up Steph from her office and got down to the stadium by 4:15.  Too late!  Even though the game wasn't starting until 7:30, about 65,000 people beat us there.  We had to go with our back-up plan and park at the 5 ft. strip of remaining grass.  As it turned out, that was okay since we mostly needed to stay in the back hatches of our cars.  It was freezing cold with gale-like winds.  We knew it was going to be cold, so MOST of us planned accordingly. Somehow, Morgan forgot her socks.  I guess "wearing" socks to school is not required on an out-of-uniform day and must be "uncool" to do so.  She thought she had put socks in her bag with the rest of her warm clothes and blankets.  Once we got there and discovered the problem, she asked her grandpa if he'd buy her some Titan's socks.  He agreed and took her to the pro-shop.  Turns out they didn't have any, so she was out of luck.  They were giving away t-shirts, so that was cool.

The game started with Hank Williams, Jr. singing the national anthem to wild applause.  Then it was the soaring eagle flying into the stadium.  The game started---with an unparalleled enthusiasm.  That was quickly dampened when my friend, Pam and I discovered that the 4 guys in front of us intended to stand for the entire game.  So much for being able to snuggle under our blankets and be comfortable in our seats. 

We weren't too far into the game when I took Morgan to the bathroom and gave her my socks. Right before half time, Butch surprised us with hot chocolate.  It wasn't very good, but it was hot.  Morgan's was almost completely water, so he took hers back.  He was so busy watching out for us, that I didn't think he'd been able to enjoy the game.  He said he did and it was even better since we won!  

Now we have another game on Sunday.  It's not supposed to be so cold, but it's still the whole day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.