Thursday, October 30, 2008

From Sandy...

Sandy doesn't have a blog, but I thought this was too good NOT to pass along.  We'll see what you think.  A little background:
Mitchell didn't want to dress up for Halloween at school as he would not be trick or treating and thought it would basically be a waste of time.  Sandy talked to him about being a good sport and having fun with it.  He decided to keep his idea a secret and really surprise his buddies.  We all thought his idea was hilarious---and so out-of-character for him.  So now, for the story from Sandy:

So get this...
Mitchell isn't allowed to dress as Hannah Montana at school on Friday.  Long story short, after I put a call in to the principal (only because of a comment that Victoria's teacher made to the second graders), assuming of course that she would laugh and say "of course he can be Hannah Montana", she said that no, in fact, Mitchell could not wear the costume because it was "inappropriate".  We apparently have a new rule this year that boys can't dress as girls and vice versa.  Have you ever heard of such a thing before??!  I don't know what I am more frustrated about, that fact that she has gone way too far in deeming what's appropriate or not, or the fact that I spent $50 on a costume that can't be worn, not to mention the fact that I now have to come up with a new costume in a mere two days time! And to think that I was gloating to my friends about how I had my costume situation taken care of a month ago!  So now that Hannah Montana is out, I'm thinking Kidd Rock is in.  Mitchell can still wear the blond wig and I'll only have to buy a fedora, sunglasses, and a white tank shirt.  Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that it would be appropriate for my child to go to school dressed as Kidd Rock, but not as Hannah Montana?  It sure makes you wonder, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.