Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update

Hey All,
I hope Steph updates her blog soon, but in the meantime, here's a little peek into how the move went. As you already know, the movers from hell did not deliver Labor Day weekend as promised. They arrived on Tuesday about 1 p.m.---gosh, this can be long, so I'll try to make it short. They refused to take any boxes upstairs. They piled the boxes to the ceiling in the family room and blocked the hallway. You could barely move. They also refused to put together what they had taken apart. They wouldn't take any of the empty boxes with them or break them down for us. What a huge mess! They were just jerks.

I left for Cape Cod on Wednesday, so Steph was left to work alone. She started her job on Thursday, so basically had the weekend. I was so impressed by how much she accomplished. I've worked yesterday and today and have pretty much gotten everything hung. I'm going to start on her scrapbook room tomorrow---I'm not sure I can get the furniture re-assembled by myself, but I'm going to try. Butch and I are going on Saturday morning to finish it up---break down boxes and haul them away.

It looks great. We'll post pictures soon. I'm not sure black was such a good idea---really shows the dust!

My trip to Cape Cod was so much fun. I really thought that I wouldn't have such a good time with all the work hanging over my head, but surprisingly, I didn't think about it very much.

My friends have given me my very first alcohol job. I am the official Bloody Mary Maker! They tell me I make a good one!
The Bohans, bought a condo in Mashpee. Just gorgeous! We shopped everyday---considering I don't like to shop, it was really fun. I had tons of seafood---shared every meal with Pam. We stayed up late and scrapbooked too. Just a great trip all around. Can't wait to go again.

Butch and I leave for Italy in two weeks with Walter and Chris. Busy, busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.