Monday, September 1, 2008

Random Observations

Random Observations

Did you ever notice that when you do something different to your hair, it goes one of two ways? Family and friends will either say nothing at all---which really means they are saying that they don't like it, so it's better to say nothing at all. Or, they'll go on and on about how much they like it shorter, darker, whatever, which really means, it looked really crappy before, so it's about time you changed it!

Backing my Solstice out of a parking spot near a couple of teenage boys was a mistake. Even though I think I look cute in my little red convertible sports car, I could tell by their stares what they were going to say to each other as soon as I pulled away, "That's just plain wrong"!

With the Olympics going on, everyone thinks sports. Last week at bridge, one of my "old lady" friends commented on how tan I was. I mentioned that I had been in our pool more this summer than all the previous 13 years put together. She then asked, "oh, do you swim"? I replied, "well, uhhh, no, I float". That immediately added another 10 lbs.

While visiting my doctor for my annual physical, she reported that I needed to drink more water. (I try, I really do, but when I fall of the water wagon, it's hard to get back on). She kept saying how it would really help with my weight AND my skin---translate---not only are you chubby, your skin is crappy too!

And my favorite: a couple weeks ago, when the whole gang was in town, Elizabeth followed me into my bathroom. I was going to change into my swim suit for the pool. I told her she'd have to leave because I didn't want her to see my big "butsy". She had a quizzical look on her face when she said, "But I WANT to"! I can still entertain kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.