Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sick of Being Sick

I am sick if being sick!! I started with what I thought was a cold last Friday night. Well, it went straight to my chest. But the worst of it was that it triggered a major hive attack---like I haven't had in a very long time. I had to triple my dose of prednisone. I was in bed from Sunday night until Tuesday mid-day. But now this cough is driving me nuts. I have a constant head ache from all this coughing. I've been taking so many different kinds of medicines, that I've really had Heath Ledger on my mind. But when you feel bad, you can't remember what you took when or how much. And another result of the coughing, can you spell "incontinence"? Another post-menopausal symptom I forgot about!

On the positive side, I went to the doctor yesterday and I don't have bronchitis or pneumonia. Thankful for small blessings.

I've gone to bed early every night this week and am heading there now. It's only 7:30. Later...

2 comments:

  1. That sounds awful! I'm glad you're taking it easy and getting the rest you need so the chest cold doesn't develop into anything more serious. I love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get better before you go to Sandy's. They will not be too pleased if you pass on another ailment to them since they just recently got over all their sicknesses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.