Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I've Lost My Mind AND My Bills

Sure, I'd like to blame it on the medication that I'm taking. (Quick update: due to the antibiotics, I now have Thrush--yeast infection in the mouth--and have added another drug to the mix). I'm having a hard time sleeping due to the med side effects so got up even earlier than usual for me. I decided to pay the bills. Now I keep them in a neat little stack (or big stack depending on how naughty I've been) even in alphabetical order to make it easier since I pay my bills online. I keep them in a particular place---always. They were gone! I swear I am not exaggerating---I've spent an hour searching for them. I checked the trash in my office and the recycle paper, opened up two boxes I had ready to mail thinking I might have somehow slipped them in, searched my scrapbook room, looked in the bathroom (who knows where I might have left them), emptied out the trash can in my office for the second time--as if they might magically appear, looked downstairs in the kitchen, back upstairs to see if I had accidentally "filed" them, you get the drift---I was manic over it. Then, I convinced myself that I mailed them out yesterday to an ebay-er with some needlepoint canvases I sold. Finally, I told myself, "Okay, what's the worst that could happen (besides send my friend, Connie into anaphylactic shock--she's paranoid about bills)? So I might have to pay some late fees". Here's the kicker, I just looked at them yesterday and couldn't think of one of them today. I knew there were 5 or 6, but that's about it. Finally, I told myself to calm down and THINK really, really hard. Concentrate. Lo and behold (whatever that means), I remembered that I decided to pay the bills from my laptop downstairs. But, I had already checked my "mini" office/chair/table--twice. Then I remembered carrying a bunch of Christmas presents downstairs. Sure enough, the bills were with the presents. This kind of stuff is downright scary to me. I'd be more worried about it if my friends didn't have the same problem!

PS The stockings are not yet hung by the chimney with care---I forgot them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.