Thursday, July 19, 2007

it's no surprise---I'm obsessed!

I've been researching my turtles. Sidney and Sheldon are officially called Red Ear Sliders. I have found out that they are both boys because they have very long--------tails (what did you think I was going to say?). That's good since I've been referring to them as "the boys". I also found out about their care and feeding. I've been giving them a shower every Saturday and I scrub their little shells. No smelly boys for me!

I took Jordan and Morgan to PetSmart today to buy some minnows as a treat for the guys. I also bought them some live plants as I discovered that they like to snack on them. We waited for Butch to get home so he could join in the excitement. We even let him be the one to release the minnows into the tank. Only Sidney went after them. Sheldon was scared off by them. It turned out to be a bit gruesome, so I felt guilty about those defenseless little minnows. The violence made me lose respect for Sidney. I don't think I like him very much anymore.

I think I'm getting tired of these guys. They are starting to seem like work.

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to meet "the boys", so you have to at least hold on to them until we see them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.