Monday, June 11, 2007

Cook Twice, Eat 4 Times

As opposed to cooking twice and eating twice. When Steph and the girls stayed for dinner, I usually didn't have much in the way of leftovers. See, I'm trying to look on the bright side! I'll cook on Sunday and Monday and have leftovers twice. Sounds like a plan!

I made a brisket yesterday that was really good. Tried using my new convection oven, but I don't get it. It's supposed to cook faster. It didn't. I'll add some BBQ sauce make sandwiches tomorrow night with the leftovers. Bought corn on the cob at the vegetable stand. I asked if it was sweet corn---of course they said it was. It wasn't. Just one more disappointment.

I made Stuffed Peppers for Butch's birthday dinner tonight. Haven't made those in years. They were really good.

While I'm talking food, I'll relate some additional info I got from Butch about his Canada trip. He said the amount of food they had was obsene! And, they spent $900. on beer! He said that they had way too many meals (and too large of meals) planned. And the snacks....he couldn't even go there. Keep in mind, this is coming from a man who has an apple, small yogurt and a couple peanut butter crackers for lunch---and this makes him "bloated"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.