Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I traveled with Butch...

but he wasn't even with me! I left the house at 9:00 a.m. this morning and finally arrived in Kalamazoo at 9:30 p.m. Due to weather in Chicago, I was delayed in Nashville, missed my connect---you know the drill. When I was finally on the plane in Chicago to Kalamazoo, we were delayed on the tarmac while they "begged" people to give up their seats so five others could get on. The guy next to me was about to blow a gasket---he was so mad. Besides mumbling and complaining, he was snapping his newspaper. I decided to treat him with kindness and asked him if he was from Kalamazoo. He barked, "NO"! and didn't elaborate. I realized that I was sitting beside Butch! So, I reacted the way I usually do---ignored him! The pleasure of my delightful company was his loss!

I left 70 degrees in Nashville and arrived to 22 and snow in Kalamazoo. Mitchell said it best: "Goodbye warm days of March. Hello cold days of April". The kid's a genius!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.