Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What is the record for time spent in a mall....

I do believe we've set it! 8 hours in the Northstar Mall in San Antonio! We arrived on Monday which was a pretty nice day. We immediately went to the pool to "catch" some sun. After a couple hours, we got cleaned up and went exploring. We had dinner on the Riverwalk at the County Line. We wanted some good Texas BBQ and this was supposed to be the spot. Our very own Corky's is better! Our lackluster appreciation for the food could also be due to the fact that I dropped a big, juicy, sauce filled rib all the way down my blouse and pants. One outfit down the drain (you know that I do plan two wears for every outfit when I travel)!

Tuesday morning 8 a.m., we walked a couple miles of the Riverwalk to get a "feel" for what's here. Upon our return, I discovered that my t-shirt was "gunked" up---from what I do not know--perhaps it was my forage into the "bush" to smell an unknown, yet gorgeous flower. Let's just say that I felt like I was back in the days of the Wild West, or the current day slums of Mexico. I don't think I've hand-washed this much laundry in the sink in my entire life! At least the sink and soap were upscale!

Then came the rain---we had no alternative but to go to the mall. Lacking sun, the girls needed something to make them smile. There's not much that does it better than shopping. 8 HOURS! Yes, hard to believe, but we were there longer than most of the employees (as a few told us). We laughed, ate, spent too much (I guess it's been way too long since I bought a new bra---now 48 bucks at Victoria Secret---last time I bought one, seems like they were $24), and walked the "dogs" until they were worn out. I must say, I wasn't even quite ready to quit. The girls even said that was the longest they'd spent at the mall. Pam observed that it was only because they had their banks WITH them.

We got home about 8:30 p.m. and went straight to the bar. We had drinks and appetizers for our dinner. Anna insisted I have a second Bloody Mary---she said I'm funnier when I drink! Hmmm, she's only been with me drinking one other time and I can't say I was proud of that!

After being properly libated, we went to the girls rooms where Mindy, Anna and Lauren put on a fashion show for us. They tried on all of their new clothes while I took the pictures (to come later). We only had two regrets---Mindy couldn't get hueves rancheros and Anna didn't get the grey jeans! In bed by 11:30 p.m. A long day...

3 comments:

  1. So when do Sandy and I get to go on a shopping trip with "the bank"? You've had two with Mindy in the past month! (Do I detect favortism here?) I vote for Chicago. I could definitely spend 8 hours shopping there! Sandy, what do you vote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous time, Mom, although I'm finding it hard to believe that YOU spent that much time in a mall! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our New Orleans trip was not a shopping trip, so, no, Mindy didn't get any new clothes then! Besides, she needs proper clothes for work and law school. No more shorts and t shirts now that she's grown up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.