Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tragedy!

I didn't mention this because I never wanted my blog to be a source of sadness (and because we hadn't told Mindy and didn't want to upset her). Well, a few weeks ago when the painters were here, our little kitty, Cleo got really sick. I took her to the vet and was told that she was in kidney failure and in really bad shape. I made the decision to let her go. The vet said she had injested something poisonous---perhaps anti-freeze. I suspected the painters had left something out that she had gotten into. But, in today's newspaper, Butch read about a recall on the very pet food that we used. It causes kidney failure and was killing pets all over town. Now we know for sure what caused Cleo's untimely death. Still sad, but at least we understand what happened and now I won't harbor bad feelings towards my painters. We are going to write a letter to the cat food company and try to get reimbursed for the $361.00 vet bill.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, that's awful! I've never heard of catfood poisoning before, especially with such tragic results.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.