Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hot, hot, hot...

That's alll I can say about Nashville. It was in the 80's all week---in the house too. I ended up having to turn on the air conditioner. It was gorgeous and not too humid earlier. This is pretty typical for us. We never have much of a spring---we go from cold to hot in a couple weeks. When we first moved here 22 years ago, I can remember breaking fingernails to raise the storm windows and lower the screens. All for about a week of fresh air.! After doing that for a couple years, I gave up. We never open the windows. Today we got some much needed rain. We've had under an inch for the month and my newly blooming flowers are suffering. Hopefully this drencher will perk them right up.

Mindy called today with the news that Commander's Palace had an employee party and crawfish boil. She was looking forward to the food (so typical) and was surprised to receive (now I've already forgotten the name of it) a shining star award (I think that's it)---framed and everything. She's also getting a pair of earrings. Can't wait to hear about them. Considering she hasn't been there very long, she was very happy to be acknowledged in front of the entire staff. She DOES love to be the center of attention! Luckily for us, she gets that attention in positive ways. We do believe that girl will go far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.