Monday, February 19, 2007

A Painter's Contract---not the kind you think...

i've always wanted my blog to be upbeat and happy---for the most part, like my life. But today I'm going to be negative. Although I don't like the painting mess, I've always liked my painters. Well, I'm really losing my patience with them. The biggest problem is that they do not do a good job of estimating when they will be doing what. It all started in the family room. I moved everything from there into the sunroom. They weren't going to start on the sunroom until I returned from Sandy's. Well, they finished sooner than they thought and started in the sunroom---BEFORE I was able to get all the stuff out to put the family room back together. Basically, they just pushed everything to the center of the room and covered it with drop cloths. My prized needlework was just haphazardly in with everything with stuff piled on it. And you know I don't put glass on my needlework, so it's really not protected. My scrapbooks were all piled up---not good. That's also why the family room has been torn up for 2 weeks---couldn't get to the stuff. Before I could put the family and sunrooms back together, I had to move all the closet stuff as reported yesterday. Besides the bedroom, I did get the family room back together over the weekend. I started on the sun room today (and finished it) although you would never know it as they are painting drawers in there now, so it's a mess again. But to my horror, upon returning from a hair appointment today, I walked into the family room to discover they had put their 2 ladders on top of my handmade rug (the splurge that took me a long time to justify). I've tried not to wig out about the fact that they are traipsing all over my white bedroom carpet with their shoes on. I don't let any workmen wear their shoes in there---or the grandkids for that matter. I don't have as much control over Butch (hard to believe). But, I learned that all I had to do to get him to take his shoes off is to tell him that I will have to replace the carpet because I won't be able to stand it. One thing I learned is that if the carpet is white, it doesn't matter what you pay for it, it's going to still get dingy. I thought I was safe putting it in the bedroom and had never planned to replace it again. I guess that's what I get for thinking! Anyway, I'm about ready to put a contract out on my painters. On the bright side---if they do finish this week, then there is an outside possibility that I can have everything back in order before our ski trip. At least the bedroom should be okay. I just might have to leave the clothes piled in the library until after the trip. I'll focus on the living room first. Okay, that's it for paint talk. I promise. I've had it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.