Monday, February 12, 2007

Babies are so darn cute...

You might think I only have one grandchild here in Michigan, but it's just because babies are so darn cute! I spend most of my time just looking at Elizabeth. Everything she does is funny---all I want to do is just watch her. She's been letting me put her to bed for naps and nighttime. Last night, as I put her up on the changing table, she was chuckling. She had the funniest look on her face---I really felt like she was laughing at me---you know, because I wasn't doing it like her mom and dad. When I came down and told Sandy and Greg, they laughed that they don't use the changing table anymore. I guess that's what Elizabeth thought was so funny. Tonight she said, "teeth" to remind me to brush her teeth. I thought that was so adorable. It's unbelieveable how many new words she's saying---just since Christmas. She calls me, "me me". I love it.

I'm trying to spend time with Mitchell and Victoria too. Mitchell has been sick since I arrived. He doesn't like to talk much in the best of circumstances. But, this afternoon, he was feeling better. I knew how to interact with him---just talk football---or I should say, get him talking about football. This kid knows everything about the sport---it's amazing. I acted interested, so I think that made him happy. I found out that he's a Weird Al fan. He told me about some of his favorite songs. I learned later from Sandy that he had maxed out his iTunes account and was now infringing on theirs.

Victoria is happy too. I brought her some scrapbooking "stuff". Also, I helped Sandy sort and clean out her scrapbook supplies. Victoria was glad to inherit a lot of great things. I painted her nails today. I put white polka dots on her hot pink toes. She really liked that. I'm going to make her day tomorrow by taking her to Target! She loves that place and thinks I do too. That's okay by me.

Greg has a surprise romantic evening planned for them tomorrow night. He's taking Sandy to dinner and to see "Hairspray". All she's been told is to get dressed up and be ready to leave by 5:15 p.m. I'm glad they are getting a chance to get away for the evening.

The ground has been covered with snow since I arrived. It snowed more today. I do think it's pretty, but can see how much of a pain it would be to have to deal with it daily. You have to shovel your walks and drive everyday or be fined. A snowblower is pretty much a necessity here.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you are enjoying your stay. hope Sandy and Greg have a nice time tomorrow evening.....make sure she doesn't read your blog before then!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are right. I didn't even think about Sandy reading this. The only saving grace is that they are having computer problems at the moment. I offered to let her use my laptop, but we've been on the go and too busy for her to do it. When she gets back online, this will come as a surprise to her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.