Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Return to Blogging!

Well, it's been nearly a year since I made a blog entry. This past weekend in the Poconos, I was discussing blogs with my niece, Bridget and my daughter, Sandy. We were talking about how much we enjoyed reading blogs and agreed to start our over again. So, here goes!

I just got back from a fabulous weekend in the Poconos---although I can't really say I actually saw the mountains! When we go to scrapbook, we are on a mission.

Getting there was a trick. This resort (Split Rock) is at least 40 years old. Everyone seemed to know exactly where it was---except---our driver! I had hired a private service to pick Bridget and I up on Wednesday. He was a half hour late which already made me mad---since we had to pay in advance including the gratuity. When he finally arrived, he had a stretch limo. All of our luggage would not fit in the trunk, so Bridget and I had to schlep our bags in the back with us. Our first stop was the gas station---yep, the driver had to get gas. We had dinner reservations with friends at 6:00 p.m. (all paid for) and now it was nearing 5:30. We were told the resort was only half an hour away, so we weren't really worried. To make a very long story short, it took us 2 hours to get there. The driver went 45 minutes in the wrong direction and included a stop at a market to ask directions!

After that I was nervous about Sandy's arrival on Friday. The same service was to get her to the resort. I called to make sure all would go smoothly. When Sandy got there, she told us about her driver and his whole life story. Come to find out---she got in the front seat with him!!! We totally lost it over that. She said she didn't know what to do. She hates traveling alone.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you are blogging again. I will definitely add it to my list of blogs that I read. I still crack up that Sandy was in the front seat with the driver. Especially since he told her every single detail of his life.....including putting knotty pine flooring in his trailer and losing several members of his family in various ways!! Thanks again for a wonderful weekend and I look forward to next year....wherever scrapbooking may take us!
    Love,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.